Nickleby & Co Ltd approached MSoft in September 2008 whilst working with Marks and Spencer.
Marks and Spencer were undertaking a thorough market appraisal looking for a solution provider to work in partnership with Nickleby to provide a feature rich multi tier procurement solution to help deliver real benefits from their FM and asset maintenance programme.
- Reduction in overall spend on spare parts within their stores
- Order >> Approval >> Purchase Order >> Supplier >> Delivery >>In Store Fitting, traceability
- Reduction in administration time spent on spare parts management
- Faster break: fix timescales due to improved communication from store to supplier
- Marks and Spencer’s requirements included:
- A flexible catalogue based procurement solution for the procurement of spare parts
- Strict controls around spending and catalogue access
- The ability to engage with on site engineers, third party contractors, Nickleby FM and product suppliers within a single system
- The ability to integrate with the existing Nickleby Emergence FM System
Following their detailed market and supplier appraisal process, in November 2007, Marks and Spencer and Nickleby identified MSoft as their preferred supplier for the delivery of the above.
The resulting solution was delivered on time and within budget and has delivered all of the identified project objectives including the following key functionality over a number of phases:
- Catalogue management
- Order, receipt, delivery, install, tracking, returns, over/under orders, etc
- Inventory Management
- Asset Management
- Supplier processing via API: Receiving orders, dispatch, inventory etc
- Given the success of the solution, both Nickleby and Marks and Spencer intend to extend the use of the solution to other areas of the FM Supply Chain.
Bernard Amos Supply Chain Manager for Marks and Spencer stated "We have been very impressed with MSoft as a company and the solutions you have presented. We have instructed Nickleby to adopt the MSoft products as part of the overall FM and maintenance IT solution for Marks and Spencer."